Bookings Co-ordinator 6488 7407
University Theatres (M416)
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley WA 6009
Telephone (+61 8) 6488 2691
Fax (+61 8) 6488 1022
Weddings, conferences and seminars
UWA has a variety of venues suitable for weddings, conferences, seminars and other functions.
University Theatres has a comprehensive list of theatre equipment, such as sets and costumes, available for external hire.
Contact Technical Manager for a list of equipment, hire conditions and prices.
With a wealth of experience, we provide comprehensive venue management services, including the provision of technical and front of house staff, ticketing, catering and lighting design.
The following guide may assist you when booking a venue for a production. For assistance and advice, please contact our Bookings Coordinator, telephone (+61 8) 6488 7407.
Check the venue availability
- Review our venue pages and contact our Bookings Coordinator for advice on which venue is most appropriate for your event, and what dates and times are available for hire.
Pencil in a booking
- We will hold a provisional booking while you confirm dates, costs, and other details.
- Should we receive a request for a date you have a pencil booking on, we will contact you in the first instance and give you first option of confirming the date with a deposit.
Obtain an estimate of charges
- University Theatres will provide an estimate of the total venue charges, including staff wages for your specific event.
It is a condition of hire that University Theatres provide the technical and front of house staff for productions. Staff costs must be included in the total venue charges.
- For an accurate costing, you will need to advise us of the production requirements, including the booking schedule, the lighting and audio requirements, special staging, technical staff required and expected audience numbers.
- Ballpark or general guides on charges can be provided if you don’t know your specific production requirements when making an enquiry.
- Please note: Final invoices will vary from the estimate if production requirements change.
Confirm your booking
- Review the conditions of hire on your Booking Agreement.
- Complete the Venue and Booking Form & conditions of hire, and send us the venue hire deposit:
- Pay the venue hire deposit. Our Bookings Coordinator will advise you of the deposit required which can be paid by cheque, credit card or bank transfer.
Deposits are not refundable.
- You will receive a booking confirmation in writing – please check the details are correct.
Confirm the technical and front of house requirements
Other considerations - ticketing and insurance
- Hirers must use University Theatres' online ticketing system to ensure capacities and seating plans are correct. Please note that tickets may not be put on sale until the venue booking is confirmed.
- In order to comply with University insurance regulations hirers must obtain and keep current public liability insurance to cover a minimum of $20 million. We will require a copy of your Certificate of Currency.
Back to top
Internal hirers are covered under the university's public liability insurance.
Back to top